How Can I Find a SmartLipo Surgeon?

Cosmetic Surgery Enquiry

How do I know if my doctor, surgeon or healthcare provider is fully licenced to perform plastic surgery and SmartLipo?

Your healthcare provider (surgeon or doctor) is fully licenced under the law to perform the procedure if they are General Medical council registered (GMC registered) and are members of the British Association of Cosmetic Doctors. You can check if they are registered by contacting the GMC who hold lists of registered doctors, these lists/registers are accessible to the general public. Your surgeon/doctor will also have some form of documentation or certificate to state that they have been trained in cosmetic procedures such as the one you would like to have. In the UK they should also have the qualification of 'FRCS (Plast)' because they are a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons. This is normally written after their name on letters or official documentation you receive. This qualification means that in addition to qualifying as a surgeon they have spent some extra time studying for and passing specialist exams in plastic surgery. If your surgeon/doctor is referred to you by someone you know, this is also a way of judging the quality and safeness of a surgeons/doctor's expertise.

How do I know if my doctor, surgeon or healthcare provider is fully licensed to perform SmartLipo if she/he operates in another country?

For doctors operating in European countries (European economic region- EEA and Switzerland) they should hold a license to practice as in the UK and be GMC registered. Other countries will have similar registering councils for instance in the United States a doctor must pass the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) and in India a doctor should be registered with the Medical council of India.

Further Articles